— The official website of the Peterson Cutter Owner's Group
Original KP46 & KP44 Sales Brochures
Click on a picture to download an Adobe Acrobat PDF file of the brochure.
|size: 1.7 MB
||Original Sail Logo (kind of)
Documents Specially Pertaining to Peterson Cutters
||Note: The Flashpaper icon ( ) indicates a "web-friendly" document similar to an Adobe PDF file. (See this Side by side usage table). They can be displayed in any browser with Flash Player installed and are recommended for viewing a document in a browser. For downloading and saving the document to your computer the PDF version is the recommended format.|
Batteries aboard Cruising Sailboats - Why They Fail; What To Do About It. (letter from Justin Godber of Lifeline Batteries)
Article about KP44 Sea Esta (Latitudes and Attitudes May 2005).
(Adobe PDF File, 984.2 KB)
Plans and Drawings
your rig (Notes from Brion Toss tune-up of KP44 Beatrix)
Loadings for Peterson 44
KP44 Sail Plan
good-old Peterson 44 (Blue Water
Sailing, May 1998)
(Adobe PDF File, 347.8 KB)
KP44 (Cruising World,
Boats Are Really Out There? ( Sailnet,
John Kretschmer, Nov 2003). Features KP44 as a favorite among world
Removing the Rudder
Crane of KP44 Sea Crane.
Ground Tackle Drag Force Calculations
Failure and Rebuild by
Britt Finley of KP44 Restless.
Tabbing Bulkheads to the Hull and Deck by Robert Klingberg of F46 Williwaw. (Adobe PDF File, 21.1 KB)
and International Navigation Light Requirements for Peterson Cutters.
Winch Analysis Spreadsheet by Jeff Stander on KP44 Beatrix. Choose
your winches from Lewmar, Anderson or Harken, enter your sail
specifications, and calculate sheet loadings and winch power.
Which Winch? Two articles on which selection and analysis.
- (Excel 97-2003 File, 202 KB)
- (ZIP File, 66.1 KB)
KP44 Polar Diagrams
Rudder Repair Page. Links
to all the rudder failure, repair, and rebuild articles on the website.
Perkins 4.154 Manuals. These are original manuals scanned into Adobe Acrobat™ format.
- (Adobe PDF File, 164.2 KB)
- (MS Word 97-2003 Document, 68.5 KB)
Borg-Warner Velvet Drive Manuals. These are original manuals scanned into Adobe Acrobat™ format.
- All of the following PDF manuals in one BIG zip file. (ZIP File, 15.9 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 13.6 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 2.6 MB)
Ford Lehman Engine Manuals. These are original manuals scanned into Adobe Acrobat™ format.
- All of the following PDF manuals in one BIG zip file. (ZIP File, 9.3 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 1 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 5.7 MB)
Original KP44 GROCO Seacocks Parts List. Note: GROCO no longer makes replacement parts for these seacocks, but here is what I've learned. These plugs are made of Buna-N Rubber, the same material as in O-rings. They should NOT wear out, but they can develop "bumps" from non-use of the valves. (The
pressure exerted by the tightened wingnut forces the
rubber into the drain plug hole and into the inlet and
outlet ports, and older plugs do not quickly return to
their original shape). If the valve becomes difficult to turn, at
haul-out remove the valve plug.
Bumps may be removed with light sanding or filing. Coat lightly with silicon based grease. I find that pure silicon O-ring grease, obtainable from all dive shops, is perfect for this use.
- All of the following PDF manuals in one BIG zip file. (ZIP File, 5.1 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 1.7 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 1.3 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 2.4 MB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 50.1 KB)
- (Adobe PDF File, 672.4 KB)
Other Documents of Interest
- Rigging Data
Rig Breaking Strengths (Adobe PDF File, 25.8 KB)
- Boat Electric Wire Technical Data
- Decimal to Fractional Measure Conversion Tables.
- Stainless Steel White Paper
- Selecting Sizing and Using Your Battery Bank.
scoop on used boat pricing (March 2002) by Richard Meeks, F46 owner
& (former) broker
- Grounding your vessel. Articles on electrical grounding & counterpoise.
Conductivity of Materials. Why you shouldn't put a
stainless washer under that battery.
Between International and North American Power. Why
overseas 220 volts is NOT the same as USA 220 volts.
- Articles on Lightning and Lightning
- Fixing the "crazy mouse" problem when WIndows mistakes your GPS input for a serial mouse and the cursor jumps all over your screen. Also, if using Windows NT, see the Microsoft Support Page on How to Disable Detection of Devices on Serial Ports. For XP and advanced users see this Boot INI Options Reference. See this file on How to edit the Boot.ini file in Windows XP.
Selden Single Line Reefing Instructions (Adobe PDF File, 421.7 KB)
Hints and Advice On Tuning a Selden Mast (Adobe PDF File, 2.4 MB) Applies to rig tuning in general.
Last modified: December 31 1969 18:00